About us

Burnside Camp Meeting was founded in 1932 by H.L. Gregg and J.H. Rupert. It is an independent Church of God campmeeting, held on the last Friday of July for eight days thereafter.  This is a family campmeeting with services for all ages.

FROM THE BEGINNING:

  • Founded in 1932 by H. L. Gregg and J. H. Rupert.

  • Groundwork for the campmeetings was laid in the early 1900’s when J. E. Rupert, along with H. M. Riggle, established the congregation of the Church of God in Burnside.

  • An organization meeting was held April 14, 1932, and the first campmeeting was held August 17-26, 1932.

  • H. L. Gregg donated a tract of land for a camp site in Burnside Township.

  • A blue print was prepared indicating sites for a tabernacle, dormitories, the cook house, cottages, etc.

  • The lumber for the tabernacle came from the J. H. Rupert farm in Emlenton.

  • A building in Emeigh was dismantled and the lumber used to build the girls' dormitory (which has since been razed [2013] and replaced).

BURNSIDE CAMPMEETING OFFICERS

-Thomas Hannold, President

-Janis Cicero, Secretary

-Evelyn Booth, Treasurer

 

BOARD OF DIRECTORS

-Evelyn Booth

-Janis Cicero

-Jo Lynn Deal

-Jayne French

-Marvin Gibson

-Thomas Hannold

-Shirley Pittman

-Dean Shreffler

-Ann Web-Morris

 

PROGRAM COMMITTEE

-Clyde Bish, Chair

-Jim Bowen

-Janis Cicero

-Dean Shreffler

-George Wilson

-Vaughnie Zopp

 

BUILDING AND GROUNDS MANAGER

-Jerry Crowe

-Dana Sherry

 

HOUSING MANAGER

-Angela Lewis

 

CAFETERIA

-Jenny Bowen – Head Cook

-Andrea Deible, Kitchen Manager

CANDY STAND MANAGERS

-Joan Gibson

-Beth Sherry

© 2014 Burnside Church of God Campground